Monday, July 4, 2011

Not what I had in mind...

Having gone to the beach and taken a ton of pictures in early June, I was thrilled to discover that Digital Scrap Cafe's Jully collab kit was a beachy kit. I had SO MUCH to scrap with this one!


So I sat down to create a layout or two, and started going through all of our beach pictures. I had intended to scrap pictures of my girls playing in the sand or splashing in the ocean, but another picture grabbed my attention instead:


A sweet friend had lost her newborn daughter to complications of CDH just two days before our planned beach trip. Rachael and I had been so constantly in prayer for sweet Penelope, and so in love with this strong little girl, that we just couldn't get her off our minds while we were there. Nor would we have wanted to. So we wrote her name in the sand and snapped this picture before the tide rolled in, in memory of a precious angel.

Earlier that same day, we had visited Ripley's Aquarium, and I couldn't resist scrapping some of those shots with an adorable fishy paper from the same kit:


My "Fishy Fishy" page was made with a template from the Layered Cake Templates pack by Band Geek Designs. You can find the templates at ScrapMatters for $3.99, and Beachy Keen (a HUGE collab!) at DSC for $3.49.

No comments:

Post a Comment